Summer School 2016
Information regarding the 2016 Klein ISD Summer School Program will be available on the links below.
Decisions regarding summer school locations, dates, and programs are made in February each year. This website will be updated once those decisions are made.
|Summer School Parent Information Sheet 2016|
|Summer School 2016 High School Course Offerings|
|Pre-K and Kindergarten
Bilingual or ESL Enrichment
(No School) June 27-July 8
(Resume) July 11-22
|Elementary Credit Recovery
|Intermediate Credit Recovery
Please contact your campus administrator or counselor
|High School Credit Recovery
and Initial Credit
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the attendance requirements for summer school?
- Students currently enrolled in Klein schools may attend and will be charged tuition.
- Students of Klein ISD residents who attend parochial schools will be allowed to register during all advertised registration dates and will pay in-district tuition. Proof of residency will be required.
- Immediate family members visiting Klein ISD residents who attend an out-of-district school during the regular school year will be charged in-district tuition. Proof of residency will be required.
- New Klein ISD residents not yet enrolled in the Klein schools will be charged in-district tuition. Proof of residency will be required.
- Out-of-district registrations will not be accepted.
2. How do I register?
- Registration is completed in person on the student's home campus.
- Elementary registration is open May 16-May 20, 2016
- High School registration is open May 16-June 9, 2016
- No late registrations will be accepted.
3. How do I pay for tuition and transportation?
- Payments are due through the online SchoolCash system. Information for payments will be given at the time of registration.
4. What if my child qualifies for a special education program such as extended year services?
- Contact your home campus case manager as those programs require separate approval and registration procedures.
5. For High School, how many courses can my child finish during the 12-day session?
- For Initial Credit Courses - Students work in a blended environment (online and face-to-face) for initial credit courses. They do not work at their own pace during the initial credit courses. Due to TEA, NCAA, and district guidelines, students are able to complete either one 2-semester course or two 1-semester courses during the 12-day summer session. Students must be in attendance for the entire 12-day session regardless of whether they finish some of the work early. For example, students may take English 4 (fall and spring) for a full credit in the 12-day summer session, but that is the only course they will be able to take. Another example, students may take both Government and Economics in the 12-day summer session because they are two 1-semester courses.
- For Credit Recovery Courses - Students work mainly at their own pace through the credit recovery courses. Due to this fact, students may be able to complete more than one course for credit recovery during the 12-day summer session. The number of credit recovery courses is dependent on the number of credits needed and the pace students work.
6. What is the refund policy if my child is unable to attend?
- Tuition and transportation fee refunds will be made for the reasons listed below:
• 100% refund when classes do not make due to low enrollment or bus route cancelled by KISD. (Refund initiated by summer school principal/counselor.)
• 100% refund when requested before session begins and will include a $25 processing fee.
• 50% refund when requested on the first day of class and will include a $25 processing fee.
• 100% refund in the case of personal illness validated by a medical doctor’s excuse and will include a $25 processing fee.
• In the event a student is dismissed from the summer program for disciplinary reasons or excessive absences, all related fees will be forfeited.
7. Who should I contact if I have questions?