Klein ISD is excited to announce
that the Board of Trustees approved a shared vision for the district in
January: In Klein ISD, EVERY student enters with a PROMISE and exits
with a PURPOSE. We will achieve this vision by focusing on the following
- Pathways: We will utilize a dynamic, guaranteed, and viable curriculum and provide every student with a rich, relevant, and clear pathway to success.
- Challenge: We will focus on the whole student so that every student will "level up" and engage in rigorous learning and build excellent character.
- Equity: We will close gaps by personalizing learning by knowing every student by name, strength, and need.
- Leadership: We will retain, attain, and grow excellent leaders throughout our system so that every student learns in a quality environment.
- Continuous Improvement: We will gather feedback from every voice to eliminate silos, build strategic partnerships, and foster a culture of learning.
“Our shared vision guides the
work we do every day with and for our students,” Klein ISD Superintendent Bret
Champion said. “It defines what we are aspiring to for each of our
students in our system.”
Along with the shared vision,
collaborative district groups have been formulating guiding documents that
define three critical components for successful learning. These documents were
designed with input from Klein ISD students, alumni, parents, teachers, clergy,
business owners, community members, state leaders and others, and will be
presented to the Klein ISD Board of Trustees for approval in April.
While the guiding documents are
under construction, a plan to make our shared vision a reality in every corner
of the district is being created, as well. In January, the district
initiated a call for participants to design a strategic plan to make our shared
vision a reality for every student in Klein ISD. More than 600 people applied
to be part of this critically important work, and almost 70 people were
selected to serve on this team that will develop strategies for each of the
five targets above, and guide our work as educators.
As part of their work, the
strategic planning team is learning together by reading The Innovator’s
Mindset by George Couros and other articles that push their thinking about
providing a meaningful, engaging, and relevant education that prepares our
students for their purpose.
We want the Klein ISD community to join us on this journey. Visit the
Promise2Purpose Vision website at http://vision.kleinisd.net/ and send us
your thoughts using the Let’s Talk dialogue tool located on the district