Klein, TX Historical Foundation

http://www.kleinisd.net/users/0082/images/Historical Foundation/Foundation logo.jpg
In 1994, the Foundation established the Klein Museum to exhibit documents, artifacts, and photos from the earlier days of northwest Harris County. The Museum has a collection of over 600 photos from the early days of the Spring, Klein, and Tomball communities.  The Museum office and the museum exhibits are located in the library annex of Doerre Intermediate. Except by special appointment, the exhibits are only open to the public during the last Saturday of the month tours.

In 1995, the Foundation opened the Wunderlich Farm for tours. Tours of the 1891 farm have been designed to reflect the way of life in the rural community of Klein from the 1890s to the 1920s. All fourth graders in Klein ISD attend a half-day hands-on tour of the farm. Volunteers to help with the farm tours and demonstrations of early crafts are always needed. The public is invited to a free tour of the farm from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. the last Saturday of each month except November and December. For more information, call the museum office at 832-249-5800.

The Foundation also annually co-sponsors the Klein Deutschfest, along with the Trinity Lutheran Church and Klein ISD.

The Klein, Texas Historical Foundation has no endowment and is totally dependent upon donations and contributions, all of which are tax deductible. Donations of artifacts, documents, and photos, as well as money are welcomed. Notices will be sent when donations are made in honor of or in memory of an individual.
powered by ezTaskTM