The Instructional Technology Liaison Teacher program supports the effective use of all classroom technology tools by students and teachers. These teachers serve as “effective use of technology” leads and liaisons with their colleagues.
- One teacher from each grade level (K-5) at elementary campuses (6 teachers per campus)
- One teacher from each core content area at each grade level at intermediate school campuses (12 teachers per campus)
- Share information with campus teaching teams about required Technology Applications TEKS curriculum and other instructional technology information each grading period
- Provide a district-wide collaborative group for teachers of the same grade level and content area to communicate and share ideas for maximizing the use of technology tools and resources to support student achievement
- Increase student achievement in core content TEKS through mastery of technology skills
How it works
- Appointed by campus principals and serve for one year
- Receive a Klein ISD-issued laptop or tablet to use during the year serving in this capacity
- Help guide the campus in planning professional development for the school year
- Meet with the District Instructional Technology Teacher assigned to the campus to communicate how best to support the grade level content area team
What are the expectations of the Technology Liaison Teacher?
Collaboration with their Campus Team
Communication is the primary function of the Instructional Technology Liaison Teacher. They will be the primary contact between the District Instructional Technology Teacher and the teachers in the Instructional Technology Liaison Teacher's PLC group. The campus Instructional Technology Liaison Teachers will share inforamtion about the required TATEKS curriculum with their campus PLC teacms each grading period.
Serve on the Technology Professional Development Leadership Team (TPDLT)
As part of the campus technology professional development leadership team, the Instructional Technology Liaison Teacher will help guide the campus in planning professional development for the school year.
Attend T60 Sessions
The Instructional Technology Liaison Teachers needs to attend the T60 meetings that are offered 3 times a year, 2 in the fall semester and 1 during the spring semester. Dates for T60s are determined by the campus and set in September. The Instructional Technology Liaison Teachers need to share the inforamtion from the T60s with thier teaching teams.
Participate in August 22 Professional Development
2013-14 Instructional Technology Liaison Teachers will attend a three-hour professional development session at Krimmel Intermediate School, 7070 FM 2920, Spring, TX 77379. Intermediate teachers will meet from 8 to 11 a.m. Elementary teachers will meet from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.