Klein ISD Safety and Security Measures
Safety & Security Flyer
In the event of an emergency incident, there are a variety of safety measures that may be taken as defined below:
- Lockdown: This is a procedure used when there is an immediate threat to the school. Lockdown minimizes access to the school and secures staff and students in rooms. As part of this procedure, everyone must remain in the room until the situation has been declared safe by an authorized person such as a Police Officer. Depending on the circumstances, persons with proper identification may be allowed to enter and exit the building.
- Modified Lockdown: This is a precaution used to isolate students and staff inside the school from potential dangers outside the school. Modified lockdown is typically used when events in the vicinity of the school may pose a threat.
- Shelter in Place: This is a precaution aimed to keep students and staff safe while remaining indoors. Situations that may require the campus to shelter in place include natural disasters, severe weather, accidental or intentional release of chemical, biological or radiological material, or an emergency safety situation in the community. Depending on the circumstances, persons with proper identification may be allowed to enter and exit the building. Students may be kept beyond normal school hours, with or without HVAC. Food and drinks will be made available if students are kept over an extended time.
- Reunification: This is a procedure used when the school is evacuated or closed as a result of a hazardous materials transportation accident, major fire, natural gas leak, localized flash flooding, school violence, bomb threat, or terrorist attack. A designated location will be established for parents to reunite with their children following an emergency. This reunification site may be at the school or it may be at an alternative location in cases where the school building has been evacuated.
- Reverse Evacuation: A procedure to move students and staff inside a facility when it would be dangerous to remain outside. Situations that may require the campus to shelter in place include severe weather (tornado), armed aggressor, aggressive animal, or a hazardous materials event near the school.
Emergency Phone Numbers:
- Emergency: 9-1-1
- Klein ISD Police Department: 832-249-4266
- Crimestoppers: 713-222-TIPS (8477). Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.