1. Sign up as a new volunteer in the CERVIS Volunteer Management System. Once submitted, you should see a screen that says “Welcome to the Klein ISD Community Event Registration & Volunteer Information System (CERVIS). Thank you for your desire to volunteer in the Klein ISD. Please complete the information requested below to submit your application for review. Remember a background check must also be complete before you may volunteer. We appreciate all you do to help the students and staff in the Klein ISD!”
2. Read the information below:
- Background checks must be submitted via personal computers (PC) only.
- Internet Explorer is the preferred browser to use when submitting a background check
- I am a volunteer for Klein ISD. As a part of the application process, I have been advised that this school district conducts a criminal history check. I do hereby consent to the use of any and all information provided in the application process to be used in the criminal history/background check. A volunteer shall notify the campus principal within three calendar days of any arrest, indictment, conviction, no contest or guilty plea, or other adjudication of the volunteer for any felony, and any offense involving moral turpitude.
3. Complete and submit your Criminal Background Check.
4. Important: If you do not immediately see a “thank you for submitting” message on your computer, AND, receive a confirmation email, your background check did not successfully submit.
5. If this is the case and you are unable to successfully submit your Criminal Background Check online, please visit your child’s campus and ask for assistance at the front desk.
6. Background checks could take up to three weeks. Please check with your campus volunteer coordinator if you have not received notification prior to the three week time period.
7. Click here, to sign up as a new volunteer in the CERVIS Volunteer Management System. Your profile and criminal background check submission name MUST be identical. If not, it will hinder the approval process. Once cleared, you can make changes to your profile in CERVIS. Click here for instructions in Spanish.
8. Click “Criminal Background Check” to complete the application. If you do not see a “thank you” screen after submitting your background check, it DID NOT go through. Please try another computer or go up to the school and use one of their computers.
9. If you have any questions about signing up to volunteer in Klein schools, please contact Debbie Scheel at email@example.com, 832.249.4751, or call your school principal.
FAQ's About Criminal Background Checks