Nutrition & Food Services


Starting next school year, school meals will no longer be offered at no cost to all students. If you think that your child may qualify for benefits, we encourage you to fill out an application for meal benefits. This application can be filled out electronically at

Applications need to be filled out each school year, and we encourage you to fill out this year’s application now. This year’s application will be used to determine eligibility for P-EBT benefits for school year 2021-2022, and will also determine the eligibility for school meals during the first 30 school days of school year 2022-2023. Application for the 2022-2023 school year will open on July 1, 2022.

Thanks to recent USDA waiver extensions, all students will continue to receive free breakfasts and lunches through the end of the 2021-2022 school year regardless of eligibility

Students may receive both a free breakfast and lunch daily on campus. The Klein Nutrition and Food Services staff is extremely grateful to be able to continue to offer these free meals to all our students in the hopes that it will make things a little easier for our Klein families during this time.

Please read below for some commonly asked questions. 

What is included in the free meals provided?
Every meal includes a main entree, fruit, vegetable sides, grain and milk. Menus for each campus can be found online at

Can my student still purchase a la carte items?
Absolutely! A la carte items are still available at all our campuses. Student's may bring cash, check or funds can be deposited with credit/debit card at

Do I need to submit an application for meal benefits?
You do not need to apply for meal benefits for your student to receive their free meal. However, it is always recommended that families apply for meal benefits if there is a change in family income and to continue receiving additional benefits (which can be viewed here).

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D. C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: [email protected]. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Website by Klein ISD Communications. © 2022 Klein ISD. All rights reserved.