Family & Spectator Guidelines
Dear Klein ISD Athletics Parents and Spectators,
We are proud to have talented athletes and great coaches in Klein ISD who work hard to continue our tradition of excellence in athletics. When our athletes are practicing and competing, we hold high expectations for excellent sportsmanship and performance for all athletes and coaching staff. We hold the same high expectations for excellent conduct from our parents, families, and all spectators who come to enjoy watching our athletes compete.
The UIL has established the following expectations for all spectators to adhere to while in attendance at our sporting events, and for the benefit of our athletes, coaches, and families, Klein ISD will enforce these expectations:
- Always support your team and the efforts of all participants involved.
- Do not intimidate or ridicule a player, coach, or official before, during or after a contest.
- Always praise athletes for their actions during a game; never degrade a participant for their efforts. Athletics are a learning experience for students, and mistakes will be made.
- A ticket is a privilege to observe the contest, not a license to verbally assault others or be generally unruly.
- Learn the rules of the game so that you may understand and appreciate why certain situations take place.
- Always respect the integrity and judgment of officials. They are present to regulate the flow and enforce the rules of the game. An official should never be degraded or ridiculed for a call they make.
- Show respect for the opposing players, coaches, spectators and support groups. Treat them as guests to your school.
- Recognize and show appreciation for an outstanding play by either team.
- Refrain from the use of any controlled substance (alcohol, drugs, etc.) before, during and after the game, on or near the site of the event (i.e. tailgating).
- Be a positive role model at events through your own actions and expect positive behavior of those around you.
Please understand that Klein ISD Athletics has zero tolerance for any type of verbal or physical altercations. Individuals who participate in verbal or physical altercations will be removed from the athletic event and will lose the privilege of attending future events.
If you have any questions, please contact your athlete's coach, school administrator, or the office of Klein ISD District Athletics. Thank you for your support and cooperation in making our athletic events a positive experience for everyone involved.
Darby Young | Klein ISD Athletic Director