Klein ISD is dedicated to academic achievement and success for all students. Regular school attendance is an essential part of that success starting in Pre-kindergarten and continuing through high school. Students who are absent from school, miss out on learning. Improving student attendance is a key strategy to ensure students are on-track to learn and to reach their full potential. Parents and families play a key role in making sure students get to school every day and on time.
Did you know?
- Children who miss too many days in kindergarten and 1st grade are much less likely to read at grade level by the end of 3rd grade.
- By 6th grade, chronic absence is a proven early warning sign for students at risk for dropping out of school.
- In the 9th grade, school attendance is a better indicator than test scores of a student’s likelihood to graduate from high school.
Check out these tip sheets for parents:
- Parent Tips (English) | (Spanish)
- Pre-Kindergarten Attendance = Early Success (English) | (Spanish)
- Kindergarten - Every School Day Counts (English) | (Spanish)
- Intermediate and High School - Attendance Counts Every Day
For more information:
Graduation Completion Specialist
Teaching & Learning Center
Our students are very important to us in Klein ISD and we want them to be with us each school day.
View these informative videos from Attendance Works by clicking on the titles.
See Student Handbooks to learn more about attendance requirements.
For more information, contact the School Attendance Office.