English Language Arts
We believe that...
- EVERY teacher fosters literacy by incorporating reading, writing, speaking, and listening within your discipline.
- Developing literacy-rich content area instruction supports students’ growth in knowledge and literacy practices.
- The gradual release of responsibility holds students accountable for their learning as they transfer their knowledge across disciplines.
- Families and community engagement are essential to building a culture of literacy that transcends school walls and promotes lifelong learning.
- The classroom environment promotes a culture of literacy that is emphasized, supported, observable, and expected.
- Professional staff receive high-quality professional learning and access to support systems that promote personal growth in literacy instruction.
- Choice fuels engagement and that self-selection of text is fundamental to literacy growth.