Two-Way Dual Language Pathway
24-25 Dual Language Informational Sessions
Virtual Informational Meetings for incoming Kindergartners interested in the
2024-2025 Dual Language Immersion Program will be hosted on the following days:
February 8th, 2024 from 5:00-6:00PM
February 29th, 2024 from 5:00-6:00PM
March 7th, 2024 from 5:00-6:00PM
March 28th, 2024 from 5:00-6:00PM
Meetings will be held via Microsoft TEAMS
(Entrance into meeting will be DISABLED 10 minutes after scheduled meeting time)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 8:00PM ON MARCH 28TH, 2024.
Klein ISD’s Two-Way Dual Language Pathway is a biliteracy program that integrates Spanish speakers and English speakers through literacy and language development in the core areas of Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies. Beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through Fifth Grade, core subjects (Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies) are taught 50% in Spanish and 50% in English.
The Goal of the Dual Language Pathway is to help students become bilingual, biliterate and developing sociocultural awareness while promoting high academic achievement. This pathway will provide an opportunity for students to exemplify Profile of a Learner and Profile of a Leader preparing them to excel in a global community.
Two-Way Dual Language Pathway Flyer
- Promote a new appreciation for other cultures and languages.
- Develop high academic levels in new language while maintaining high levels of achievement in their native language.
- Positively impact writing, comprehension, and problem-solving skills.
- Promotes cognitive development in the areas of creativity, divergent and higher-order thinking.
- Eligibility for students to receive Spanish High School Credit at the end of 5th grade.