Early Childhood Special Education
The Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Program provides a language-rich environment and school readiness skills for students identified with special needs. It is important to note that the ECSE program is not a place, but rather, a continuum of support .
- ECSE provides services to children beginning on their third birthday.
- The ECSE assessment team evaluates children between the ages of two and five who are not in a District Pre-K program and are not yet kindergarten age, to determine if a child has a disability and whether there is a need for special education services.
Request for an Evaluation
Current Students - If you suspect your child may have a disability and is already enrolled in Klein ISD, please contact the Special Education Team Leader on your campus for guidance and next steps.
Students Not Enrolled - If your child is not enrolled in school and you suspect he or she may have a disability, please contact your campus counselor or General Education Designee at the child’s home campus based on Klein ISD attendance zones.
- From the date of the Parent’s request for an evaluation, the district has 15 school days to schedule a referral meeting to offer consent for initial testing or Notice of Refusal.
- The campus general education designee will notify the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) assessment team of the request for special education testing.
- Within this timeframe, a vision and hearing screening will be conducted.
- Upon receipt of the request for evaluation, the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) assessment team will schedule an intake session with the child.
- Upon completion of the intake meeting, a Referral Committee reviews the child’s data and the parent will be notified of the committee’s recommendations.
- Early Learning Outcomes-English
- Early Learning Outcomes-Spanish
- Early Learning Outcomes-Vietnamese
- CLI Engage for Parents
- Pre-K 3-Year-Old Parent Guide
- Books Beginning at Birth
- Klein ISD Special Programs
- Klein ISD Special Education Parent Resources
Early Childhood Special Education Campus Coordinator
Special Education Director of Assessment and Related Services
Dr. Anjelica Greene
Coordinator of appraisal and Psychological Services